EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ThorUI

Unread 11-20-2006, 08:15 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere
Send a message via ICQ to FloridaFringe Send a message via AIM to FloridaFringe Send a message via MSN to FloridaFringe
Default Max Camera Distance

I noticed in your eq2ui.ini file that it states the max camera distance is 20.

I did some testing and noticed that on a computer that is set to 15 it actually zooms out further than the one set to 20.

I heard that the max default is 10 and that the max allowed is 15. By setting it to 20 could the game actually be using the default of 10 since 15 would be the max range that it would render? Meaning that by setting it to anything above 15 it would default at 10.
Unread 11-20-2006, 08:17 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest
Send a message via Yahoo to Faetyl

oooh I don't know but I'll certainly look into it right away.
Would love some more camera distance!
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 11-20-2006, 08:20 PM
A Griffon

Send a message via ICQ to FloridaFringe Send a message via AIM to FloridaFringe Send a message via MSN to FloridaFringe

I'm going to run another test myself just as a backup to my original tests. I'll report back soon.
Unread 11-20-2006, 08:28 PM
A Griffon

Ok I think that I know what happened, although I haven't yet tested completely in order to find the actual max.

When I entered the new distance in the eq2ui.ini file then loaded up the game the slider for view distance was set in the middle. I moved it to the far right but didn't notice any change. This is what caused my original post.

However, after logging back into the game the camera was able to move out further than before. So it seems that I just needed to log in & out after having moved the slider.
Unread 11-20-2006, 08:39 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Ah gotcha,
Well thanks for looking in to it further and letting me know!
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."

Last edited by Faetyl : 11-20-2006 at 08:41 PM.
Unread 11-20-2006, 08:40 PM
A Griffon

15 and 20 appear to be the same distance, judging by 2 monitors side-by-side.

The oddity is that everytime I log in the camera distance slider is always in the middle. Moving it in any direction seems to reset the max back to default until the eq2ui.ini file is reloaded (or the max distance slash command is used). Seems strange that it would be that way. O'well, all is good.

Although it would be really nice just to have the option to move it out as far as we like, or at least further back than 15.
Unread 11-20-2006, 08:42 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Agreed!
But that's a SOE thing unfortunately.

/feedback that puppy, i sure will!
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 11-20-2006, 08:57 PM
A Griffon

And so will I. I've actually been surprised at how well SOE tends to listen to feedback as I've seen several suggestions that I've made over the past year added to the game. Obviously I won't take credit as I'm sure others have made the same suggestions but it's nice none-the-less.

I play another game (the name I won't mention in fear of appearing younger than I am) that has a mod which allows the camera to scroll out from the default of 30 (which is nice in and of itself) to a max of 50. While the situations may be slim when they do occur this can be a life saver.
Unread 11-21-2006, 02:48 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

I just hope that your feedback doesn't remind them about the discrepancy and they reduce the max allowed to 10 as well. I always thought that was an oversight on their end, since they had reduced the max distance you can set in the options on purpose a while ago.
Unread 11-21-2006, 03:04 AM
A Griffon

This is what I found on the forums:

Quote:
March 9, 2006

*** User Interface ***

- You can now zoom your third person camera out farther! If you wish to restrict the camera distance, you can do so by setting ics_maxcameradistance in your eq2.ini (old default was 10m, new default is 15m).
So hopefully they won't lower that due to some feedback about possibly raising it.

It also makes me wonder if you could just remove the line from the eq2ui.ini file that sets it to 15 and it will just default at a max of 15? That seems to be what they are suggesting.

As a final note, I did some more testing and have come to the conclusion that 15 is the furthest that it will go as in all of my tests 15 is the same distance as 20.
Unread 11-21-2006, 04:20 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Ah, could find with the update notes.

Yes you can remove the line from eq2ui.ini, you can also just type /ics_maxcameradistance in game (resulting the setting being saved to eq2recent.ini), but it will reset to a max of 10 once you touch the slider in the options.