EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Dev Shack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 12-20-2008, 12:54 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Everfrost
Thumbs Up Suggestions

I don't really know how to do much to the UI beyond basic modding but I do have a request...if this awesome idea takes off, please design it with two things in mind: cleanness and function. I prefer a noncluttered, minimalistic look that will take as few resources as possible on old computers (I still sometimes play on my old laptop, for instance.) However I prefer function over style.

I'm not a huge fan of Profit UI due to the looks but man do I love the functionality....especially the broker window. The broker window is a great example of something I'd like to see in this UI; it has lots of info presented at once but you can minimize half of the window via that uber clicky arrow to save screen space if needed! I'd love to see something like this for tradeskills where you could open/close your recipe list via a similar arrow, even while crafting.

Other misc ideas: smaller/compact windows (especially raid window, yeesh is that thing big), I'd say include click to cure because most people probably won't figure out what it is until they need to use it anyways...I see enough bad curing healers that I think this training feature is needed in game haha. If I think of anything else, I'll post it later. And also, I might be interested in testing out this UI when it makes it to 'beta' phase hehe. Good luck guys