Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ThorUI

Unread 11-17-2005, 09:20 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest
Send a message via Yahoo to Faetyl
Lightbulb Suggestions [Users post their suggestions here]

Users post their suggestions for the ThorUI AU here...
(I wanted to allow a central location for any suggestions the user community may have for the ThorUI. Please note; I'm not getting 1 cent for my time so please understand if I don't have the time to meet everyone's needs/wants)

Common suggestion topics are:

1. UI Modding
What else would you like?

Have suggestions on more Enhanced Features?
Don't like something and would like to change it or have an alternate option available?

2. Auto Updater Install
Recommendations on how the ThorUI AU installs and the features included with the initial install.

3. Auto Updater Configuration
Recommendations on how the features are presented to you.

Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 11-19-2005, 12:50 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Highkeep
Send a message via AIM to Lycanthor
Default 1600x1200 Window Placements

I would REALLY like a 1600x1200 window placements file. This is the mode I always run in. I tried loading one of the other placements and moving stuff around, but it didn't work out. I'm sure alot of other people also run in this resolution. I'm just surprised no one has asked sooner.

Thanks

LyCaNtHoR (Highkeep)
Unread 11-19-2005, 01:24 AM
A Brown Bear

Default Enhanced Shutdown Window

I really love the enhanced shut down window with fast character switching. Of course, being a ThorUI user, I obviously demand more.

Sooo.. How bout a character switch that skips the delay for camping, and instead uses the /quit command, then loads up the next character?

LyCaNtHoR (Highkeep)
Unread 11-19-2005, 03:07 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanthor
Sooo.. How bout a character switch that skips the delay for camping, and instead uses the /quit command, then loads up the next character?
LyCaNtHoR (Highkeep)
That as far as I know can't be done, the only way to skip camping to is to /quit which exits EQ2. Then you would have to relaunch the game and a UI mod could not do this, it would have to be a outside application

MorpheusDead

“It is a curious thing, that God learned Greek when he wished to turn author--and even more curious that he did not learn it better.” (Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche)
Unread 11-19-2005, 07:20 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheusdead
That as far as I know can't be done, the only way to skip camping to is to /quit which exits EQ2. Then you would have to relaunch the game and a UI mod could not do this, it would have to be a outside application

MorpheusDead
That's incorrect. You must be thinking of the /exit command, which closes EQ2. The /quit command brings you back to the character selection screen.

LyCaNtHoR (Highkeep)
Unread 11-19-2005, 07:28 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Pet, Inventory & Other

I tried both pet window options. Those things are HUGE. I tried to drop the OCD pet window in, but the power and health bar don't work. So a slim pet window would be great.

I also tried both Inventory window options. I like that you included the old OCD one, it is one of my favorites. But it has no Food buttons. Thanks to SOE you cannot eat without being able to get to the Food buttons. So I dropped in depechenode's Advanced Inventory LU16 Window.

It would be nice if the AU could be told to ask before it overwrites files. I got the directions for doing the Quick Change shutdown. Then the AU prompty overwrote the file.

Thanks for all your hard work.
Unread 11-20-2005, 02:38 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Just got a new CRT
I'll see if I can accomodate

Quote:
I would REALLY like a 1600x1200 window placements file. This is the mode I always run in. I tried loading one of the other placements and moving stuff around, but it didn't work out. I'm sure alot of other people also run in this resolution. I'm just surprised no one has asked sooner.

Thanks

LyCaNtHoR (Highkeep)
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 11-20-2005, 02:45 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Pet Window: I'll see what I can do. (Did you know you can close the pet window via ALT+P and you can drag and drop the pet command buttons to your hotbar and control him from those without the pet window at all?)

Do not update:
That's an excellent idea and yes MrNice and I already included that as an option

See screenshot attachments...

Also, I suggest making a copy of any edited versions of your files as an extra safeguard. Just leave them in the thorui folder as "copy of" and all will be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwaunial
I tried both pet window options. Those things are HUGE. I tried to drop the OCD pet window in, but the power and health bar don't work. So a slim pet window would be great.

I also tried both Inventory window options. I like that you included the old OCD one, it is one of my favorites. But it has no Food buttons. Thanks to SOE you cannot eat without being able to get to the Food buttons. So I dropped in depechenode's Advanced Inventory LU16 Window.

It would be nice if the AU could be told to ask before it overwrites files. I got the directions for doing the Quick Change shutdown. Then the AU prompty overwrote the file.

Thanks for all your hard work.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2005-11-19a.jpg
Views:	960
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	4111  Click image for larger version

Name:	2005-11-19b.jpg
Views:	955
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	4112  
Forums

Got Guild?

Last edited by Faetyl : 11-20-2005 at 02:50 AM.
Unread 11-20-2005, 02:54 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

/quit does indeed take you back to the character selection screen and that is what the camp to character window cuts out therefore saving just a bit of time.

That's the fastest we can go from character to character at this time unless SOE provides another option. Sorry

More details: The camp funtion actually begins a process in which several things happen. Character data is sent to the server and your window placements file is updated at camp. (among a few others I'm sure that I am not aware of at this time)

Oh, and it never hurts to demand more

Quote:
That's incorrect. You must be thinking of the /exit command, which closes EQ2. The /quit command brings you back to the character selection screen.

LyCaNtHoR (Highkeep)
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 11-20-2005, 10:03 AM
A Brown Bear

So there's no way to bypass the camping countdown when you use the character switcher? Also, does it skip saving window positions when you /quit? I very rarely actually /camp.

LyCaNtHoR (Highkeep)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faetyl
/quit does indeed take you back to the character selection screen and that is what the camp to character window cuts out therefore saving just a bit of time.

That's the fastest we can go from character to character at this time unless SOE provides another option. Sorry
Unread 11-20-2005, 10:30 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

I'm not aware of a way to bypass camping for switching characters.

I just tested this for sure before answering and it does indeed appear to save window positions when using /quit. (I was wrong )

I'll look closer at this one and see if it is indeed posible...

Quote:
So there's no way to bypass the camping countdown when you use the character switcher? Also, does it skip saving window positions when you /quit? I very rarely actually /camp.

LyCaNtHoR (Highkeep)
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 11-20-2005, 03:11 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Butcherblock

a bag with no dead space like the one at http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3477
would be nice.
Unread 11-21-2005, 01:05 AM
A Berserk Golem

Unhappy Chat sources

I'd like to see the "XXXXXXX says to the guild" removed from the chat. I've color coded all my chat so I already know what channel I'm talking in. I don't need it repeated back to me every time I hit enter while chatting to my guild or my group. At the very least, it should be an option.

Badattitude,
Barbarian, Faydark
Unread 11-21-2005, 01:26 AM
A Berserk Golem

Angry

Where did the Thor map go? You know the one... shrinkable, bottom of the map drop down menus for ALL map areas.

All I can get is this huge blue framed thing that takes up most of the screen. I have to keep closing it in order to explore an area. And NO drop down menus even tho I have the AU set to install them.

Badattitude,
Barbarian, Faydark
Unread 11-21-2005, 01:41 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacraed
I'd like to see the "XXXXXXX says to the guild" removed from the chat. I've color coded all my chat so I already know what channel I'm talking in. I don't need it repeated back to me every time I hit enter while chatting to my guild or my group. At the very least, it should be an option.

Badattitude,
Barbarian, Faydark

I've wanted this forever. Even since eq1. I don't believe this is possible through UI modding however. An option to show/not should would be a great. A way to personally customize would be even better!
Unread 11-21-2005, 01:41 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Butcherblock

Quote:
I'm not aware of a way to bypass camping for switching characters.

I just tested this for sure before answering and it does indeed appear to save window positions when using /quit. (I was wrong )

I'll look closer at this one and see if it is indeed posible...
I agree with you in saying that you can't "skip" the camp countdown. The fastest way I know of to switch characters is to use the "quick switch" mods that I have seen floating around made by Deathbane.

I'm sure you guys know of it, but incase you don't, what it does is camps, and then it skips the character select screen and goes straight to loading the next character. So, 20 seconds to camp, bam, next character loading. I can switch characters in 30-40 seconds depending on what zones I am in.

However, I wonder if it would be possible to incoporate something to do something like...

1) /camp
2) /quit
3) "quick load character" function here

I don't know what exactly the code does that makes it skip the character select screen, but you UI geniuses could probably figure it out and see if it is indeed possible...

The only issue I see is if you /camp then /quit if the /quit overrides the /camp and you get the "link death" issue where you can't log back in for like 3 minutes...

So many issues, so little time for me to figure it out. Maybe one of you guys can get it. If you have any questions, let me know - I'm pretty smart about these kinds of things so I can give insight even if I don't know the hard facts.
Unread 11-21-2005, 03:01 AM
A Grove Wisp

Mouse over pictures (or attached pictures) included with Poll questions (here on the website). I wasn't totally sure what you meant by reverse chat - I'm assuming you mean the chat with the tabs on the bottom though - I voted that I don't use those.
Unread 11-21-2005, 03:06 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

I can certainly understand that request but please understand I'm only one guy here and I have a life that needs tending to every so often.

With UI updates, AU uploads, Forum here, Guild, Guild events and website, Real Life, and actually attempting to play EQ2 I have to cut corners somewhere

After all, I'm trying to get rid of the feature to save me time with updates.
I don't want you to see it and say oooo I want that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade2074
Mouse over pictures (or attached pictures) included with Poll questions (here on the website). I wasn't totally sure what you meant by reverse chat - I'm assuming you mean the chat with the tabs on the bottom though - I voted that I don't use those.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 11-21-2005, 03:13 AM
A Grove Wisp

Lightbulb

Quote:
ALT+~ toggles the start button.
lol I didn't know about this one.

Man I would love to see this in a separate help text in the GUI that would be awesome.

Another suggestion (if it is at ALL possible). I would like to be able to add my own personal POI's to the map somehow for information that others probably wouldn't care about, but stuff I might use. I'd like to be able to add a unique dot (one that shows it's my own) then be able to add a note to it somewhere within the gui. I'm guessing this sort of thing can't be done though else it would have been done already but it's on of the very few things I miss from WoW.

The other features I miss include:

1. the ability to have a 'scratch pad' I can keep notes on within the game (without having to alt-tab out that is). I used to use it to keep notes on players (kinda like a santa's naughty and nice list).

2. The GUI I was using was able to (somehow) use custom made chat channels to let me know when other players were using the same GUI I was, it also used those same channels to let me send and receive POI's to and from other players. So if I got lost - someone with the same GUI could send me a POI that I could then go too.

I'm not sure how much of that is actually do-able here - but man that would be awesome to be able to do again. That GUI I had used there was called Cosmos - while I know these are two separate games - here's a link to their site, who knows maybe something there might help here?

http://www.cosmosui.org/
Unread 11-21-2005, 04:22 AM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacraed
Where did the Thor map go? You know the one... shrinkable, bottom of the map drop down menus for ALL map areas.

All I can get is this huge blue framed thing that takes up most of the screen. I have to keep closing it in order to explore an area. And NO drop down menus even tho I have the AU set to install them.

Badattitude,
Barbarian, Faydark

http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...&postcount=367

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 11-21-2005, 07:46 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Slimline

Sorry if this is posted somewhere but i couldnt find it. I use the slimline inventory so Im not sure if its true for the other one but can they get updated to have the food and water slots please.
Unread 11-21-2005, 11:09 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

The "slimline" inventory is mine and it had the food & water slots the week before they came available with LU16.
Post me a screen shot in the UI help forum and we'll look into this one further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madman1118
Sorry if this is posted somewhere but i couldnt find it. I use the slimline inventory so Im not sure if its true for the other one but can they get updated to have the food and water slots please.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 11-21-2005, 12:19 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
The "slimline" inventory is mine and it had the food & water slots the week before they came available with LU16.
Post me a screen shot in the UI help forum and we'll look into this one further.
Thanks for the quick reply. I will uninstall the UI and reinstall if that doesnt work I will get a screenshot up for you.

Okay I just reinstalled and I may have asked for the wrong thing. I use the Jaxel slimline inventory option so I doubt you update that one but it is out of date.

Last edited by madman1118 : 11-21-2005 at 12:36 PM.
Unread 11-21-2005, 02:37 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Gotcha, Jaxel just recently posted that he is departing and won't be updating his mods.
I'll try and see if I can offer something similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madman1118
Thanks for the quick reply. I will uninstall the UI and reinstall if that doesnt work I will get a screenshot up for you.

Okay I just reinstalled and I may have asked for the wrong thing. I use the Jaxel slimline inventory option so I doubt you update that one but it is out of date.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 11-21-2005, 02:56 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Inventory

Okay thanks for the reply. I look forward to seeing what you do.