EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ThorUI

Unread 11-21-2006, 11:20 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Maintained spells

Hi

First I would like to thank you for bringing thorui back!!! I felt so lost without it. Next, I am having a problem with the Maintained spells part of the UI. They are horizontal which is driving me nuts. Before the update and the deletion, I was able to make them verticle. I clicked on the picture that is provided with each option for this one and it shows the window setting screen. Can you please help me understand where I went wrong? Yes I have deleted the whole file three times and reinstalled it and it doesn't seem to fix the problem.

Thanks again for all your hard work =)

Shadow =)
Unread 11-21-2006, 03:33 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest

The Maintained Window is completely customizable with regards to size.

While in game right click the maintained window and choose window settings.
Once the settings are up, uncheck both "click through" & "lock window".
I'd also recommend changing the border slider so you can see the borders until you get it where you want.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 11-22-2006, 11:07 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default re:

Thanks it worked =). Again thanks for continueing to work with thorui!!!
Unread 11-22-2006, 05:22 PM
A Brown Bear

On the topic of maintained spells.... =)

I used to be able to see which buff I had up on each group member by mousing over the icons. That has been replaced with a generic "miantained group buffs".

Is there a different setting I should be using to see who the buffs are on?

thanks!
k~
Unread 11-22-2006, 07:31 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

That's known as Faetyl missing an update that came through.

Maintained Window issue resolved and updated version uploaded.

You should get the update the next time you run the Updater.

Thanks for brining this to my attention.
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 11-23-2006, 11:33 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Runnyeye

i seem to be getting an error message when i use you "main_hud_target" window (think thats its name) i have had to revert back to the basic game one.
Any one have this problem?
Unread 11-23-2006, 11:44 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Hmm, not sure why.
Did you try deleting the target and implied target xml files and let the AU pull down fresh copies?

Also, which versions were giving you the issue? Small, Medium, or Large?
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 11-23-2006, 11:52 AM
A Grove Wisp

slim, err small then as i reread your post heh i think.
I'll try what you suggest and repost.
Thx
Unread 11-24-2006, 09:42 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Crafting window

How do i set the crafting window back to the original one ?

Thank Bob H.
Unread 11-24-2006, 09:55 AM
A Grove Wisp

i have had to reinstall both your ui and eqmaps, all is well now thank you.
Unread 11-24-2006, 10:13 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Deselect the tradeskill feature from the features selection.
Then either delete the thorui folder within the EverQuest II\UI directory and re-run the Auto Updater or manually delete the .xml file that has "tradeskill" in the name within the thorui folder/

Quote:
Originally Posted by iems96
How do i set the crafting window back to the original one ?

Thank Bob H.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 11-24-2006, 11:21 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default ThorUI

Thanks for the prompt help. The fix worked now it can seem to find out when I /log untill it says on but the program does not detect it and asks if I want to continue without protection ?
If I say yes it works to the point where it tries to detect the recipe window then times out without finding it ?
Unread 11-24-2006, 11:22 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Unhappy No ThorUI

First I wanted to say my husband and I are so glad you decided to stay. I went back to default and uninstalling ThorUI and the AU when I heard you were not updating anymore. I was miserable with it. No other UI we dled compared to yours

Now my problem. As I said I deleted my ThorUI AU and the ThorUI folder and went back to default. When I heard you were staying around I immediatley went back and dled ThorUI AU and set to reinstalling everything.
I installed the AU and ran it to create the THorUI folder in my UI then went back and got the advanced features that makes this UI so wonderful. After running it agian to update thefiles and running the map updater I started EQ. To my disappointment I was still on default. I typed /loadui ThorUI and had the delay and refresh but still default. I have uninstalled and deleted the files and folders nad started all over again with no luck. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong here please?
Unread 11-24-2006, 01:55 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

I appologize iems96 but I'm afraid I don't understand your question.
So you say it asks if you want to continue without protection?
That sounds like a firewall or antivirus dialog to me.
ThorUI shouldn't say anything like that.
Let me know if you're still having trouble and describe the issue from the start. (What step your at, ThorUI launch, ThorUI update process, in game, etc...)
Also, screenshots work wonders when trying to describe something if you could attach one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iems96
Thanks for the prompt help. The fix worked now it can seem to find out when I /log untill it says on but the program does not detect it and asks if I want to continue without protection ?
If I say yes it works to the point where it tries to detect the recipe window then times out without finding it ?
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 11-24-2006, 01:57 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Sorry wrong forum
Unread 11-24-2006, 02:00 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

First thing that comes to mind is that when you first install the Auto Updater, it tries to update before figuring out where the EverQuest II directory is. (It defaults to placing a thorui folder on the root of your C drive and unless either you or the application updates to the correct location it will continue to place the interface files there.) "I hope to resolve this in the next version of the Updater but will need a programmer first." :P
Cancel the update process and click "Options" then make sure your options tab looks something like the one i attached.
Note: You path to EverQuest II and EQ2Map may be different. Just click the "..." button to browse until you find them.
Let me know if you still need help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star[GMSF]
First I wanted to say my husband and I are so glad you decided to stay. I went back to default and uninstalling ThorUI and the AU when I heard you were not updating anymore. I was miserable with it. No other UI we dled compared to yours

Now my problem. As I said I deleted my ThorUI AU and the ThorUI folder and went back to default. When I heard you were staying around I immediatley went back and dled ThorUI AU and set to reinstalling everything.
I installed the AU and ran it to create the THorUI folder in my UI then went back and got the advanced features that makes this UI so wonderful. After running it agian to update thefiles and running the map updater I started EQ. To my disappointment I was still on default. I typed /loadui ThorUI and had the delay and refresh but still default. I have uninstalled and deleted the files and folders nad started all over again with no luck. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong here please?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ss.JPG
Views:	344
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	5450  
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 11-29-2006, 04:20 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Chat is broken

Hi,well if i pick from quickmode...say,ooc,and so other,then my tekst doesnot appear,though it changes color to corresponding mode picked...ooc to green for example.When i put /ooc manually before text input,all is okay.How to fix it?
Unread 11-29-2006, 04:28 PM
A Young Mystail Rat
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

That seems to be a new EQ2-Problem, apparently not related to any UI. So, only thing to do is to wait for it being patched.
Unread 12-02-2006, 07:07 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faetyl
First thing that comes to mind is that when you first install the Auto Updater, it tries to update before figuring out where the EverQuest II directory is. (It defaults to placing a thorui folder on the root of your C drive and unless either you or the application updates to the correct location it will continue to place the interface files there.) "I hope to resolve this in the next version of the Updater but will need a programmer first." :P
Cancel the update process and click "Options" then make sure your options tab looks something like the one i attached.
Note: You path to EverQuest II and EQ2Map may be different. Just click the "..." button to browse until you find them.
Let me know if you still need help.

I am afraid I am still having the same problem. I checked my directory and it is installing to ThorUI in my EQ2/UI folder. I am discouraged as I still cant figure out what is wrong. Any more suggestions?
Unread 12-02-2006, 08:35 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

The ThorUI Auto Updater application should NOT be installed in the UI directory.
It should be installed into the default directory of C:\Program Files\thorui

If it's installing to the EverQuest II\UI directory that's most likely the issue.

If that doesn't work I can remote in and help if you like.
Just PM me and I'll reply with my info
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 12-04-2006, 02:33 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Tooltip problem

Hello, since the expansion or so when I mouseover my spells/combat arts I don't get the mini description that used to say stuff like the reuse timer, cast time, etc... stats on items.

Usually when I log in it says something along the lines that my UI isn't compatible with the tooltip.

Is there a fix for this? If not, can anyone tell me what file I can replace with the default to make it work? (hopefully it's not too integral to the rest of the UI as I love everything else about it.) :-p

Thanks

L
Unread 12-04-2006, 10:24 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Everything was patched before the servers came up so you may have a file that the updater won't update. (This usually happens if you copy the directory at some time.)

Just delete the thorui folder in the EverQuest II\UI\ directory and re-run the thorui auto updater.

That fix will usually resolve all issues.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 12-05-2006, 11:55 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Everfrost
Default inventory/bags & grabbing

A couple of folks posted about this on the wrong thread ( the download thread ) and I'm running into the same issue. Grabbing items from bags is extremely difficult. And to top it off, I don't think the point of the cursor arrow is actually the focus.... at least on my system it feels more on the bottom right of the arrow. Anyway, grabbing items from inventory generally takes several tries (which sucks if you're farming harvests and banking frequently).

This mod is amazing otherwise -- it brings some much-needed love to the UI! I wish SOE would take a hint from you.
Unread 12-05-2006, 08:31 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

I agree the cursor issue is EXTREMELY annoying.

If it were my issue i'd give myself a good thrashing but as the case may be it's a SOE issue and I can't do anything about it.

There's a more indepth post on the forums somewhere by our resident expert Zonx.
I believe he's reported the issue to SOE and we are all pretty much waiting on a fix from them.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 12-07-2006, 06:52 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Everfrost

I pretty much figured it was in the original game design. It just drives me nuts with the smaller bag slots. I'll just go back to "normal" for the bags and all should be well then. until I get a f-ing huge monitor, that is!