View Single Post
Unread 07-09-2009, 06:08 AM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

I know of one window right now that is FAR more difficult to use than it should be. The recipe/crafting window. If you want to filter by anything more than name, then you have to open the filters dialog, make a new filter, save it, apply it. And then when crafting you recipe list goes *poof*.

What if instead we made the recipe window like the incoming quest window: make it in two side-by-side panes. The left pane is your recipe list, and always stays there. The right pane goes to an improved sorting system where all the filter criteria are always visible to select, and you can still save/load them (sort of like the way the broker window works). When you begin crafting, this pane gets replaced by (hidden under) the actual crafting process pane, with your progress/durability bars, skills, etc.

I know we can already move the recipes part to the side, it's mainly the improved filters pane that I'm looking for. The current system is far too clunky to use. Why do we need to select levels? Just allow us to input them... "5-10" or "5, 7-8" that kind of thing. There's a lot of area for improvement there.