View Single Post
Unread 06-28-2006, 11:33 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Thumbs Up

MapSpoiler Installation for ThorUI.

Ok, I have the ThorUI Interface. I just documented completely how I installed this so that someone that has problems might be able to install this AWESOME assistant MOD easier. If I did something wrong. Please correct me.

Thanks for your hard work Mother.

1) Download the Mod

2) Extract it to a directory on your PC.

3) You should have the following files and folders:
eq2map (Folder)
mapspoiler (Folder)
eq2ui_mainhud_mapspoiler.xml (File)
example_eq2ui_mainhud.xml (File)

4) If you are a ThorUI user and have your interfaced installed to the default:
C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\thorui you can do the following.

This is what I did:

5) Go to your thorui\eq2map directory and rename the Plugin_7.xml file to Plugin_7.xml.backup. Copy from extracted folder listed above the "eq2map" folder and paste it within the \thorui. It will ask you to copy over. Simply say yes and the "new" plugin_7.xml file will be copied into your thorui\eq2map folder.

6) Copy from your extracted folder listed above the "mapspoiler" folder and paste it in C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\thorui folder.

7) Copy from your extracted folder listed above the
"example_eq2ui_mainhud.xml" file and paste it in: C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\thorui. Rename this file to
"eq2ui_mainhud.xml"

8) Copy from your extracted folder listed above the "example_eq2ui_mainhud.xml" file and paste it in: C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\thorui. Rename the current "eq2ui.mainhud.xml"
file to "eq2ui_mainhud.xml.backup". Rename "example_eq2ui_mainhud.xml" to "eq2ui_mainhud.xml".

9) Copy from your extracted folder listed above the "eq2ui_mainhud_mapspoiler.xml" file and paste it in: C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\thorui.

10) Edit the C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\thorui\eq2ui_mainhud.xml and do a search for the following code:

Code:
<include>eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml</include>

Go to the end of the line and create a "new" line. Enter the following Code to the file.

Code:
<include>eq2ui_mainhud_mapspoiler.xml</include>

Close and Save the file. Remember you can always delete the file and go back to your previous version now named:
eq2ui_mainhud.xml.backup.

11) Start up EQ2. You may have to press "M" a couple of times. Give it a moment to load all the spoilers in the area. Depending on what zone you are in. It's greeeeat!