View Single Post
Unread 06-25-2005, 09:20 PM
EQ2MAP Webmaster
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unkown

You are right, it works good for some POIs. Let me think of a couple examples that I've run into though...

"This is a dupe" - obviously there are 2 of this same POI. Lets say one is much more descriptive and just overall better then the other. The better one gets marked as "This is a dupe". Now the good POI is gone and the lesser one remains. But if it says "This is a dupe of #8388" then I can compare the two, and see if the other one needs to go.

"It's on the other map" - It just so happens this one is on stormhold level 2...where do I move it to? I dunno...only the person that marked it really knows the best, since its not on the map anymore, noone else is gonna elaborate on it.

"Wrong map" - This poi is on antonica west. I will move it to antonica east out of pure guesswork, but what if its really in the oakmyst forest?

"/loc is off the map" - Yea, but is it supposed to be on this map? Or on another one? Are the coords wrong? How bout some right coords? What am I supposed to do here...hmmm....

As you can see, there are alot of circumstances that I do need more information for the benefit of everyone, not just to make my job as easy as point and delete.

Thanks for the input