View Single Post
Unread 05-31-2020, 10:41 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Test
Default Game Closes when I test my map

Hello there,

I ran Fowlumbra yesterday on Test server and was annoyed, yet again, by the lack of map in the zone.
So I installed mapper and inskape, took a rough outline of the area, grabbed the official Thalumbra map image (after all, the map does exist so it shouldn't be a problem to just convert it), combined the too and went on with testing it.

Well, I failed.
I added the lines in the Usermap as follow:
Code:
<ImageStyle Name="exp12_rgn_umbra02_epic01" displayname="Fowlumbra" menugroup="Terrors of Thalumbra" zonerect="-189,-532,1066,929" >
<ImageFrame Source="images/maps/map_exp12_rgn_umbra02_epic01.dds" SourceRect="0,0,436,506" />
</ImageStyle>
To make the image, I
- parsed a raw outline
- exported the SVG out with the crosshairs
- combined the thalumbra map with the svg map in GIMP, cropped the image around the fowlumbra zone using the map template to get the right size
- put the UL-LR values and the pixel values of the crosshairs in ZoneRect
- exported my gimp file to DDS, trying several combinations: BC1/DXT1 - default ; BC1/DXT1 - RGBA8 ; BC1/DXT1 - RGBA4 ; BC1/DXT1 - ABGR8
Attached is a list of DDS formats in GIMP.

Every time I launch the game and try to switch my current map to Terrors of Thalumbra > Fowlumbra, the game crashes. No error message, nothing, it just closes off.

I didn't trigger Fowlumbra today so I can't double check locs in zone, it's a bit tricky to map obviously (hence why I added the map to a menugroup).
I double checked zonerects an I think it's fine, hence why I was looking at the DDS format and tried a bunch. Not sure what I'm missing so, after several hours trying, I thought it was time to ask for help!
And I created a brand new account just for that, so hello everyone!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dds.jpg
Views:	467
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	9139