View Single Post
Unread 12-01-2005, 10:16 AM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

Server: Permafrost

Drunder and Kerienna -

Apologies for not responding more promptly, things have been very hectic on my end this week.

Drunder:
Quote:
If you still want the casting bar to come up, rather than the group orb, delete the eq2ui_mainhud_casting.xml file from the dracokyn folder, that should re-enable the default bar.
and
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=4086 is the link to the patch adding scrollbars back onto the hotkey windows (note: You can also use SHIFT + # to change hotkey pages if you prefer the cleaner, no-scrollbar look)

Kerienna:
Quote:
Actaully we went over the files one by one and the apporiate ones were copied from the default folder. The tech support guy was very helpful. This UI corrupted my installation of EQ2. The bad files were not even in the UI folder but else where.
I don't have any files relating to the UI or anything else located outside the UI folder. There have been a few reports on the SoE message boards of erratic file corruption (most notably in the .ini files) on some files. Generally, deleting those files forces the EQ2 patcher to re-download correct versions, so a re-install of any sort should not have been necessary. I have no idea why or even how the UI could have corrupted anything except it's own installation folder (and that would only happen if the .zip file got corrupted during download).
If you'd like, I can still try and lend a hand. I haven't had a chance to do more than glance at the patch notes for LU 17 this week, but the listed files in the patch notes only appear to have changed the hotkey file that is in the UI.

And of course, to everyone:
I'm still supporting this UI, and plan to make it fully LU 17 compatible by this evening, as only minor (if any) code changes appear to be needed. However, I will be increasingly away in the coming weeks. As some may already know, my wife and I are expecting our 4th child - the due date was set for mid-December, but some fairly serious complications have arisen. As such, we are looking at having her admitted to the hospital this weekend / monday for a C-section. (In a nutshell - there's problems with her blood, and it's not clotting properly, and sometimes not clotting at all). Obviously, that must be my priority, but I'll be around as much as my free time permits.

Thanks!

Wulfy