View Single Post
Unread 08-30-2007, 05:16 AM
A Grove Wisp
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Befallen
Default Trying to learn modding...

but damn this is hard... Cudos to all you modders out there who make complete UIs

I have a couple of issues so bear with me.

Trying to get started I have read the documentation (loosely ) and the one from tony3l33t. My goal in round 1 is to add a button to the Player window which casts Animist's Transference on myself.
I tried for 5 hours last night to make one button but no... didn't get it to work.
I used the BuildUI and my base file was the one from SORi. I tried copying one of the buttons he had already made and change it to cast Animist's Transference instead but was as if the button wasn't there, all that happened was I selected myself. I also tried creating a button ala Himays Group Window (the click to follow-button). Still no dice...

So:

1) Could a kind soul add a simple button to the default Player-window that can cast a spell and post it here so I can examine the differences.

2) Do you use the BuildUI-program or just Notepad++ (or other xml-editing tool) to create mods? Which is easier to use?

3) I tried looking at the ProfitUI regarding using a Potion on a button (easy cure on the Player-window) but couldn't connect the dots between include docs and whatnot
Is it possible to use a potion on a button-click like you cast a spell or is it much more difficult to program?

Thanks in advance and thank you for your patience.
Kind regards
Flaxer Nox
70 Conjuror
Befallen