A man among men
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nagafen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
Alright, I'll throw a new idea or two out on the table:

1. UI file-write capabilities.
Imagine being able to edit buttons on say the player window, just like a macro button, and the UI would save this customization.

... Maybe you wouldn't even call this file write capabilities as much as you would call it "custom" variable saving within a UI window.

This one has been brought up before:

2. Single-window bag.
I honestly believe at this point, with the number of bags and all, that this would be a GREAT option to have available to users. And if it were a toggle like function, it would be even more superior.
1. I think I understand what Drums is talking about. A good example would be a notepad window. You can type what you want into the typing field, but once you logout it is not saved. We want to be able to save custom windows/variables whether it be a notepad window, or not. My 6-Way inventory window is another example. You can click the button to change the inventory state, but it never saves (Currently the only way to do this is by changing a text file that the UI loads manually).

server_name_eq2_customuisettings?

2. Agree. With that I think there should be a sort option to sort each item in its own bag, a list instead of icons, and bag minimizing (see SS). The sort options would come like Quest, Armor, Weapons, Poisons, Potions, etc. Also with that, the ability to toggle for it to automatically sort your bags by specified options. This is an example of WAR Online and how they did their bag window, similar to what I'm describing (I hate using examples from other games):

All in one window

Last edited by dragowulf : 12-21-2008 at 12:41 AM.