View Single Post
Unread 04-21-2007, 07:07 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Conditionals are great, same as the operators - they allow you to do at least some minimal processing in the code. I use them in several windows. See below for a combination of conditionals and concactenation from my automatic per-character mail signature function:

SignatureLocation='Parent.' ## Parent.Selfname.LocalText ## '.Signature'
Parent.RetrieveSignature.OnPress='Parent.AddSignature.SignatureText=' ## (SignatureLocation)
Parent.RetrieveSignature.Press=True
COND=SignatureText == SignatureLocation
Parent.Parent.Body.Text=Parent.Parent.Body.LocalText ## COND ? Parent.Default.Signature : SignatureText

If you want to see heavy use of conditionals, take a look at Mother's timer window, that one is a beast, possibly the most impressive (or excessive? ) example of what you can do with the XML operators that I have seen on here (although Talyns
has excellent examples as well, search for his kills before level up XP window on the forums, for example).

Not sure what may be wrong with your code, maybe the condition isn't set up correctly.