Unread 10-31-2011, 08:28 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duridium View Post
EQ2MAPS Team and Contribuitors,
Thank you so much for your hard work on this great app. This makes my gaming time much more productive and enjoyable.

EQ2MAPS Devs,
The only thing that is missing for me is an easy way to update both my EQ2 Live and my EQ2 Extended installs at the same time. I currently run it every day that I play on my EQ2 Live install and then every couple of weeks, when I play with my kids, I change the path to update my Extended folder.
It's not a feature built into the EQ2MAP updater, but if you're a moderately advanced computer user theres a few tricks you can use.

At more of the entry level is simply keeping the folders synced. For this, Microsoft has a free application called SyncToy, you can find more about it at it's webpage here.

A more advanced option is you can use symbolic links so that your EQ2X maps are basically a shadow copy of your regular EQ2 maps. There are tools that integrate right into windows explorer to simplify the process. As long as you don't go crazy with them they're pretty safe: you'd basically delete the maps folder in your EQ2X install and create a symbolic link from there to your regular EQ2 install maps folder. Then every time the EQ2X client looks for those maps it looks in your EQ2 folder where the link is pointing to. A tool thats available for that is the link shell extension which allows you to do this via right clicks just like creating new folders in windows. The main benefit to this approach over the synced folders is that you only end up having one copy of the files, meaning less hard drive space taken and instantaneous updates to the version EQ2X is using (since they're pointing to the same files).