View Single Post
Unread 10-26-2007, 03:28 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

It does appear that some work has been done to enable the busted group DDs. I can confirm Archetype is working but there do appear to be some minor issues still with some DDs. The Name DD is not properly coloring for out of zone and group leader in some cases. Archetype lists Warriors as Fighters. And as noted, there's the visibility bug with Maintained.AmountRemaining. Haven't checked all DDs so there could be more issues.

Last I checked, using the ' entity also does not solve the problem of scripting spell casts with apostrophies in the name. At any rate, that doesn't solve the problem of users typing "Nature's Elixir" into an in-game custom textbox that feeds a useability script. Can't really expect the average user to use entities. Works fine in the Macro window but not when processed by script.

I can't stress enough how major the addition of ColorStyles would be to the modding community. Currently, if I want to issue a green theme for my set, I have to replace every color def in every file of the UI, then maintain feature parity between the sets going forward. Its a MAJOR hassel. With global ColorStyles, I could reskin the entire set with 1 XML file and a handfull of images. ColorStyle = a multitude of themes in short order with virtually no maintanence overhead