View Single Post
Unread 10-23-2007, 03:51 PM
A man among men
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nagafen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOE-Rothgar View Post
I'm working from the office at the moment. And good news, they just listed the mandatory evacuation from my neighborhood, so my wife is returning home now with our 2 dogs.

The custom module doesn't really do anything, it just acts as a container for your windows so you don't have to add them to MainHUD, Inventory, etc.

Some weird stuff can happen when you add windows to the other modules, besides the fact that you now have to ship out your own version of the module's xml file which causes players to not get updates when we add new windows.

Another thing you guys should keep in mind is that you should not create a new window with the same name as another window, even if its in a different module. Yes, this sounds goofy, and I agree. We can eventually fix this with code on our end, but for now I would make sure your window names are unique.

So for example, don't make a Custom.Inventory window... call it Custom.Profit_Inventory or something like that.
I noticed this for mainhud.map- i named a file inventory.map and when i opened it worked almost exactly the same as the map, and wasn't hardcoded or anything. it opened mainhud.map as well. funny stuff.

anyways

Some of the modders here at EQ2 including myself use much code to change their window with things such as “onpress”. For example on my inventory window I have 6 Different inventory mods built into one window, and at the top left corner there is a button to go through each inventory mode. The problem is, since it won’t save each “state of being”, I have to make like 6 or so files (and save them each with a different “state of being”) so that when EQ2 starts it won’t reset the file back to what it was when i saved it.

Another example is gm9’s resizing of the effect’s window in his profit ui control center in profitreborn. Yes it resizes the icons (makes them smaller/bigger) with the slider but when you restart eq2 it goes back to how it was when he saved the file.

My question is, can we have some sort of command or automated script so that we can save the “sate of being” without having to make whole new files?