Thread: New Updater
View Single Post
Unread 01-20-2014, 01:05 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaldran View Post
Tested every configuration I can think of and it is working fine for me. Maybe download the *.zip file again and overwrite your current installation. The latest update will delete all settings though, that is the expected behaviour.
The behavior I'm seeing is that when I applied the update it reverted all variants to the default and downloaded/installed the default version of files, but then when I selected the variants I wanted it didn't download the variant zipfiles and didn't install the variant versions of files. I had to exit the updater, restart and unselect my variants, then reselect them to get it to download the zipfiles (they were already present, shouldn't they have been used without re-downloading?) and install the variant files. It's like when I select variants it's not rescanning to check whether the current files match the new variants.

I'm going to try wiping out the program and settings, downloading a new copy of the updater and reinstalling it, see if it's some sort of artifact from leftover cruft.