View Single Post
Unread 10-27-2007, 07:17 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

UIbuilder Bugs (not listing those you already announced as addressed in the upcoming version)
  • Graphics cannot be reloaded - Fixed with GU44 version
  • Generally alignment within UIbuilder is often not like within the game. But I assume this cannot be helped as it is probably an issue of the UIengine itself (for example, US servers align differently than localized servers...)
  • When changing a style name, all references to it get automatically updated. When copying a style (to create a new one based on it), there are two styles with the same name. You don't know which one is the linked one, so you may end up renaming the wrong one without noticing.
  • Default DynamicDataFilter is set to FFFFFFFF instead of FFFF
  • If using <includes> to non .xml files UIbuilder automatically appends ".xml" to the file name and creates a file with that appended name.
  • The opacity setting for rectangle styles is not saved by UIbuilder, probably because it is also not shown in "Limit Properties" mode even for non-default values

UI Feature requests:
  • Could we get non-localized DynamicData objects please? I use subclass detection for a number of windows and the translation it needs to do internally is taking it's toll an performance (in particular since I need to repeat it all the time due to dynamic data taking too long to initialize for people with slow computers). At least non-localized adventure and crafting subclasses would be very helpful.
  • In addition to the above, sublcass DynamicData only becomes available to the UI a certain time after the UI loads (the OnShow event). Could you either slow down the triggering of the OnShow or speed of the DynamicData please?
  • I need to be able to use UI script on non-ASCII characters, in particular for compatibility with localized versions of EQ2. For example, I cannot do any useabilityonplayer coding for users having non-ASCII character names.
  • Let us convert floating point numbers to integers! - Now possible using Top, Left, Height, Width values as discovered by Drumstix42
  • Allow UIbuilder to load interface folders, not specific files. This will reduce confusion for new users, and make it easier for mods that do not include an eq2ui.xml file. This functionality is mostly already part of UIbuilder. Currently you can copy an eq2ui.xml into your customUI folder and load it via UIbuilder. You can then delete it from the customUI folder and continue loading that UI into UIbuilder via the "Recent" list.
  • I personally would love to be able to write a complete uisettings.ini file from within UIbuilder, based on the layout I made there.
  • Would you be able to add a way to switch the localization within UIbuilder so we can see how it looks in French or Japanese, for example? Would make it much easier to be fully compatible for international users.
  • Similarily I don't assume you could generate a table of asset codes so we could pick from already translated terms for our mods?

Other UI bugs:
see my Known Issues page

Last edited by gm9 : 05-15-2008 at 03:26 PM. Reason: added some color to my pet peeve