View Single Post
Unread 02-29-2008, 03:46 AM
A Griffon
Yes this person is from Daybreak!

Server: Unrest

I actually didn't know that Vanguard had G15 support. I found out that SWG had it, and emailed one of their coders to ask how they implemented it. He sent me their code, and I saw that all they were doing was forcing down specific data with no customization. I always wanted this feature to be very customizable, so decided on the current implementation of using the UI files as a way of configuring the data.

What you'll notice when you start playing with the mods is that we're not actually drawing the data on the UI pages. We're just using the labels to indicate position and size of the text that should appear on the display. The progress bars work the same way. You place one on the page which basically tells us where to draw the progress bar on the LCD display. And of course we read the dynamic data from the controls to update the display as well.

The nice thing is that you can create as many pages as you want, and the keyboard will just toggle through all of them.

Using /show_window MainHUD.G15 is a great way to troubleshoot the data as well. And of course you can use /loadui while the game client is running to update the LCD display without having to restart the client.