View Single Post
Unread 12-26-2008, 05:02 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
I'd agree with pretty much everything you said except for this one and the player window one (see below). I don't think removing the spinners would work for most users, it would just have them put more hotbars on screen (or probably that's what most users do anyway, so you may have a point). But I'd like to get the right click menus fixed to how they worked before the introduction of IconBanks, i.e. all options being available when you right click the IconBank, that way we could get rid of the dead space.
The huge thing is I hate having a feature that is going to be used what once a week at most? Its not clean, but I also realize that to new users they are fairly important. That is why I suggested making it so when you hide them there is no dead space. With that new users are happy and so are older users. I also agree with your point of bringing back all the options but still remove clear all hot keys!
Quote:
Haven't checked the default window in a while but last time I checked it had two circles too many, there are no HOs that use more than 4 circles (unless that changed as well since I last played, but noone ever complained about that in ProfitUI, which only shows 4). So you can actually condense it quite a bit.
You are correct sir.
Quote:
I don't think that would work for most players either, unless you an indicator elsewhere. But I agree with you that the whole distribution and separation between maintained and effects windows should be reviewed anyway so that could be part of it, conceptually it could better be indicated in one of those windows.
The only real reason I say this is because!
A) If you hover over the window it shows you concentration information again.
B) If its going to snap into the group window the idea is that they all pretty much look the same.
C) The majority of classes couldn't use all their concentration if they tried. Therefor its just an eyesore more than half the time.
D) If you cast a spell and don't have concentration it tells you. So in my opion there is PLENTY of ways to know your concentration if you cant just remember it(which you should :P).