View Single Post
Unread 12-12-2007, 10:21 AM
A Grassland Beetle
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Crushbone

Trying this out now, and I'm wondering if there's any way to customize which folder a particular UI mod file will be installed in?

I'm asking because I know several UIs out there (including my own tradeskill one) offer multiple versions. My tradeskill offers a just-press-enter or a no-default-set version, Othesus' Maintained spell windows come in three different sizes, Dragonwulf's Inventory window has 6 different options. So far I'm seeing two different problems with the settings.

For some UIs with multiple options, one of the .xml versions will install in the correct directory, but others will create a new custom folder within my main UI folder. Example, the install directories for Othesus' Examine Window, which has two versions:

Code:
File will be installed at:
G:\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\Examine Window with hidden buttons\eq2ui_examine.xml
G:\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\maisui\eq2ui_examine.xml
Technically this wouldn't be too bad - I'd just ask it to not install the one with the custom UI folder - except the version I want is the Examine Window with hidden buttons.

Other multi-version UI mods end up installing everything in sub-folders of my custom UI folder. Taking Othesus again, his maintained spell window mod has three versions, depending on pixel size desired. Here's where the various versions are going to install:

Code:
G:\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\maisui\26 pixel size\eq2ui_mainhud_maintained.xml
G:\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\maisui\30 pixel size (default)\eq2ui_mainhud_maintained.xml
G:\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\maisui\34 pixel size\eq2ui_mainhud_maintained.xml
If I could customize those settings for individual .xml files, I could choose to install only the version I want and have it go to the proper place. Any thoughts?