View Single Post
Unread 04-13-2007, 06:18 PM
Credendo Vides
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othesus View Post
The Author Portal thing looks really nice too. I've just started to look at that. I know that before the preferred method for feedback was to create a thread for your mods in the "Released" forum but it looks like the portals have a lot more options for UI makers, especially the way you can organize feature requests and bug reports.
One thing that you may find is that even though you enable your portal, you may still want a thread as well. The portals are fantastic for Bug Reports and Feature Requests, for posting News and FAQs, but a number of authors on our other sites find they still like to have a thread as well for more "general" feedback and conversation about their mod(s). A good portal to look at (one of many, just the first link I snagged) is Cladhaire's. You can see a portal "in action" so to speak, how he has FAQ stuff set up, etc. There are a number of other authors that make extensive use of their portals on the WoW site as well. Other authors prefer not to use all of the functionality of it, restricting their usage to just the bug reports and feature requests. It really is like having your own site. You can have as much or as little as YOU want to have, without any of the attendant cost or maintenance that you would encounter with having a separate site of your own.

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group

Last edited by Cairenn : 04-13-2007 at 08:46 PM.