View Single Post
Unread 05-15-2008, 07:40 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Thumbs Up Great Idea

Like you, I do not have the programming skills to make this UI work but am all for the idea if can be made to work. Thanks for stepping up to the plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracythis View Post
Ok, due to my love of using ThorUI, I'm going to step out on a limb here and take a more aggressive approach to this problem. From what I heard in the forums, Faetyl is MIA and has been since the beginning of 2008. Since the update server is down and Faetyl is MIA, I propose the following:

1. Every attempt at contacting Faetyl (by IM Messenger, E-mail, etc.) is made so we are not usurping his/her project. If possible, I would prefer to have Faetyl's blessing to take over the ThorUI project.

2. Once all attempts at contacting Faetyl are made and/or we have Faetyl's blessing. I propose we setup a committee of knowledgeable participants to manage ThorUI. I am unable to go this alone, I have none of the programming experience that is needed to make this new project work.

3. If the price for an update server is reasonable ($30.00/mo or less), I would be willing to foot the bill for that. Once the new server is up and running, we can re-direct the ThorUI Auto Updater to the new server.

4. If my memory is correct, the only file that should be out of date on ThorUI is the new bank UI file from GU #45. I did find an interface author named Lodrelhai that created a ThorUI type bank interface that works with GU #45. I would at the very least to gain permission to use his/her bank interface with the ThorUI pack, but it would be nice to be able to get him/her onboard with the ThorUI resurrection project.

What does everyone think??? Please give feedback. If you have questions/comments, you don't feel like posting on the forums, you can e-mail me at [email protected]