View Single Post
Unread 10-14-2009, 01:02 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwieland View Post
Let me ask a few dumb questions if I may. Assume that you have a limit of five quests in the active quest window. Currently all five are displayed with the five last updates. You get a new active update, what happens? I can see a couple of possibilities -
1) scroll the earliest active quest off the screen.
2) scroll the latest active quest off the screen.
3) can you give the possibility of 'pinning' a quest to make sure that it never scrolls off?
4) can you give a way to sort the active quests by update time? Thus the latest updates are at the top of list?
5) Will there be a way to 'highlight' the latest update (i.e. change the font size and richness to bold 12 point, for example?)

Thanks for your time.
If he is modeling it after the way Aion modeled theirs; then you will pick what quest will be in the active quest window by pinning them to it. Nothing is randomly put there by the game.

When you get a new quest or update a quest it will que that quest in the active quest window by flashing the quest name in the active quest window, if the limit is met or not and If not already pinned there. At this time you have a chance to pin the quest to the active quest window. You can also go into the main journal and pin and unpin any quest from there. The entire system is really jazzy!

Last edited by Landiin : 10-14-2009 at 01:05 PM.