Thread: Spell Icons...
View Single Post
Unread 09-08-2004, 06:36 PM
A Fallen Diplomat
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Befallen

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuB
I could see where some of the old icons would help EQ2 players better remember which icon does what spell.....but in the long run the newer icons will be much better, and possibly ....animated?
The ones in the game 3 weeks ago that i got to see (no where near all of them) were not animated. But they have a fading grey shading.

Let me detail. The default spell/ability/hotkey bar is 1 row by 10 slots. and is usable with mouse or keyboard. it is expandable to 3 rows i think... GenCon is almost a month out my memory is fading. The icons are all square 40x40 pixel or so boxes. when you use Taunt for example the Taunt box is greyed out and the 'grey' slowly fades off the icon. coinciding with the reuse time. The same goes for spells since spells and melee abilities are all the same function in the game now.

Myself i can't wait for people to start making new icon sets.

Note: As a clarificaiton, the above information is not breaking any NDA as it was all gathered from the time i spent playing (~ 1 hour) and watching the game be played at GenCon Indianapolis last month.