View Single Post
Unread 01-10-2020, 06:58 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

The whole system is cranky and confusing, but your writeup is superior and I know it's going to help a lot of players figure it out.

The file below makes the window resizable vertically, so item (2) should be good unless the server throws a curveball that I didn't expect. Item (1) could be addressed but the problem is that the system seems pretty "live" at the moment. We just had a window update yesterday for example. It's still possible that the window could (hopefully) get more changes, so I would be uneasy about doing anything substantial until it settles down. A static list of all possible missions could be added on a separate tab as kind of a help page, but it would just be a duplicate of the information on your wiki page.

I can already tell you now that any of these sorting suggestions would a) be very useful, b) have to be done from the server side, and c) should be very doable for the developers. I think the devs, rightly, don't want to overwhelm the player with a big spreadsheet of information, even though as you point out it would improve usability. Just being able to sort missions by duration would go a long way.

Lists in this window are like a lot of other UI lists in that all we get is a template for a single line. The template gets used live from the server for however many of those lines you're supposed to get, and after the information gets filled in it's almost impossible to do anything useful with it.

Edit: removed the file since it is no longer compatible. For a more recent version of the modified Overseer window, visit this thread.

Last edited by Darqwood : 03-02-2020 at 07:46 AM.