View Single Post
Unread 01-10-2006, 08:09 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Guk
Send a message via ICQ to SaintPeter Send a message via AIM to SaintPeter Send a message via MSN to SaintPeter Send a message via Yahoo to SaintPeter

1) Splitting Quest Starters and Quest Updaters is quite possible. We already have unused icons. The challenge would be combing through the 5600 EXISTING POIs and making the fixes.

2 & 5) I don't believe that EQ2s XML system has a method for doing colors or other formatting . . . but I could be wrong. If it did, I don't see why we couldn't include some facility for editing that.

As for Quotes and some punctuation . . . We had some issues with hackers previously . . . I errored on the side of caution when I made the validation code. I could posibly revisit some of that.

3) That'a brilliant idea. I'll see what it'd take to include some What do I use for, etc. type examples on the submit a POI Page.

We have the facility to enable moderators for POIs. If we can ever get around to finalizing our backend, we could enable some interested folks to go in and start making changes to the POIs to ensure they were uniformly applied.
4) Right. If we ever had enough time to finish the site . . uh . . this would be fixed. In the future, you are supposed to be able to edit the POI and it will automatically regenerate the cluster. Clusters are not supposed to be editable, since they a programtically generated.

BTW, Awesome post. Great ideas clearly explained.