View Single Post
Unread 11-21-2005, 01:41 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Butcherblock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faetyl
I'm not aware of a way to bypass camping for switching characters.

I just tested this for sure before answering and it does indeed appear to save window positions when using /quit. (I was wrong )

I'll look closer at this one and see if it is indeed posible...
I agree with you in saying that you can't "skip" the camp countdown. The fastest way I know of to switch characters is to use the "quick switch" mods that I have seen floating around made by Deathbane.

I'm sure you guys know of it, but incase you don't, what it does is camps, and then it skips the character select screen and goes straight to loading the next character. So, 20 seconds to camp, bam, next character loading. I can switch characters in 30-40 seconds depending on what zones I am in.

However, I wonder if it would be possible to incoporate something to do something like...

1) /camp
2) /quit
3) "quick load character" function here

I don't know what exactly the code does that makes it skip the character select screen, but you UI geniuses could probably figure it out and see if it is indeed possible...

The only issue I see is if you /camp then /quit if the /quit overrides the /camp and you get the "link death" issue where you can't log back in for like 3 minutes...

So many issues, so little time for me to figure it out. Maybe one of you guys can get it. If you have any questions, let me know - I'm pretty smart about these kinds of things so I can give insight even if I don't know the hard facts.