View Single Post
Unread 03-04-2005, 01:07 AM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco-man
The name you want to have to describe each type of file. The directory the files of that type will be going in on the CLIENTS machine. The file extension that type is.

Here would be an example:
Map Images | /images/maps | .dds
Alrighty:
Map Images | \CustomUI\images\maps | map_*.dds (use checksum, if checksum takes too long, thoughrough file check can be turned off)

Icon Images | \CustomUI\images\icons | icon_*.dds (this type should be a present/not present check, users can mod these files)

Icon Page XML Files | \CustomUI\eq2map | icons_*.xml (auto-generated)

Image Page XML Files | \CustomUI\eq2map | image_*.xml (this type should be a present/not present check, users can mod these files)

"Under" Icon Page XML Files | \CustomUI\eq2map | under_*.xml (these are icon pages that are done by hand and not auto-generated; these should auto-update and use a checksum)

Style Set XML Files | \CustomUI\eq2map | window_*.xml (this type should be a present/not present check, users can mod these files)

Zone Connection XML Files | \CustomUI\eq2map | zones_*.xml (this type should be a present/not present check, users can mod these files)

Parent XML File | \CustomUI | eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml (use checksum, modified by hand)

I suggest checksum comparison be used for all XML files that aren't present/not present regardless of thourough file check's checkbox state.

If any of that doesn't make sense, yell at me. I'm positive I got every "type" of files there is. Sorry that I broke the different XMLs up into so many groups.

Quib