View Single Post
Unread 05-16-2006, 04:13 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Everfrost

Counting up is turning out to be a bit of a problem. I don't know if I'll be able to get past it. There is no way to parse coordinates back into their components. So, if I start an object at 0,0 and tell it to move right 10 pixels per second... there's no way to convert that 365,0 coordinate when you hit stop into 36.5 seconds.

I've tried using opacity effects, going from 100% transparent to 100% opaque since that's just a single number and not a pair. But those only have a resolution of 1000 (just over 15 minutes if you have it count 1 per second) That's livable, I guess - but the real problem is their accuracy or lach there of. Using them for timing, about the only thing you can say about the time you hit stop is that it's sometime after you hit start.

Now, aside from trying to decide how to display greater times, I'm really not sure how big the game will let me get with the coordinate numbers that make up the timers. I'm already jumping way out to like -40000,0 to time 18 minutes. I've never seen a limit posted anywhere, but if there is one, I've got to be getting close. I suppose I can look into it and see if I can push another 12 minutes out of it.
'Tetht the printhiple, tetht the printhiple,' muttered Igor. 'Thorry, thur, but Igorth do not "tetht the printhiple". Thtrap it to the bench and put a good thick bolt of lightning through it, thatth our motto. Thatth how you tetht thomething.'