View Single Post
Unread 10-14-2009, 05:01 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordebon View Post
Unless I've misunderstood what Rothgar is planning, it is YOU that dictates which quests are "active" and tracked by the window. So if for some reason it has a limit of 5, then that's it. If you happen to get an update for a quest it's not tracking, it would not force any of the quests that you are tracking off. The only way that would happen is if you decided to track that quest (and assuming there was a limit, you'd have to stop tracking a different quest).

But from my understand the game at no point will decide to make you start tracking a quest and stop tracking an old quest (unless you complete a quest of course, at which point it stops tracking it since there are no more steps).
Would there be an option then to auto-track if there is a limit and you received an update? If not, then the active quest window will be blank by default until a user intervenes to manually track a quest. Or it will auto-track every quest when accepted. I would probably prefer the latter option, especially since I can be... ummm... absent-minded shall we say? lol

At times I would certainly like to see an update in the active quest helper without having to manually enable the quest, especially since I cannot track 50+ quests if my journal is full. However, I would like to see a filter as well. I may think that L&L quests never need to be tracked, but others want to track L&L's - I am sure you get the idea.