View Single Post
Unread 04-19-2005, 01:09 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Neriak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42
"and you may not use, post, host or distribute macros"

Just because something is not meant to be 'unattended' doesn't mean that it can't be. I would say, just get off the subject of anything that automatically uses your skills, whether your sitting their playing or not. A window that pops up and allows you to push the button should be fine, or just reminds you to use a button, may it already be on your hotkey bar.
Allow me to beat this dead horse some more

First of all, the wording of that paragraph from the EULA is not something you can take in parts without considering the full intent behind the wording. Quoting only the section that says "..you may not use, post, host or distribute macros.." would tell me that I can't even use the macro system that is built into the game, because I'm not allowed to use macros. But, that isn't what it says.

"..you may not use, post, host or distribute macros, “bots” or other programs which would allow unattended game play.." Now that you quote the entire sentence, it changes the meaning to something that makes way more sense.

A mod that allows you to use timers to trigger commands is not itself a macro.. distributing the ABILITY to make macros doesn't conflict at all with that quote from the EULA. If a user used that mod to break the EULA, then shame on that user. The mod would still allow great things to be done by legitimate users.

Sort of like having Windows Scripting Host installed on my computer doesn't violate the EULA. But, if I used it to make a script that violates the EULA, then that would be bad. Bad, but not Microsoft's fault for making WSH.

Anyhow, nice find, and I hope someone uses it for something good that doesn't violate the EULA

On that note, I'd love to see a mod that triggers a 14 minute timer when I cast Breeze, and pops up a message reminding me to recast it within one minute

Last edited by Killarny : 04-19-2005 at 01:12 PM.