View Single Post
Unread 09-20-2010, 06:28 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Unkown

Hello there, well at least you've confirmed I'm not going mad, i've been looking through these forums sporadically over 4 days looking for examples, downloading raid frames in the hope I spot an example.

I guess my questions are therefore:

How IS best to do this sort of thing then? It is surely best to have something on the HealthBar itself saying, perhaps, OnActivate or OnShow, the conditional statement? Is there anything on this topic of where to manage the colouring? I saw some mentions of glitches in previous posts i.e. decisions on this matter can have huge implications later down the line. And most example addons use a hidden text field for Archetype label which in turn manages the little Archetype graphic icon. Seems a strange choice.

Secondly
, even ignoring the "what is most optimal placement/firer manager" question above.. can you give me an example of a working conditional statement using Archetypes (or something else straightforward) with 4 nested IF statements? Then I can use that working example as my starter point. Between my fake code above and guesses of where brackets should be (looking through this forum again) I've not got something fixed yet (I'm sure my attempts are close).

If I do get it working tonight (at home - I'm at work) I will post an example here for other posters to see. I've seen too many examples of questions posted here where I wanted to know the answer and someone just replied "ok thanks, got it working now" without details of the exact solution