View Single Post
Unread 08-26-2010, 02:18 AM
A Griffon

Server: Oasis

Ok.. it does work better. It now shows Notes I add to items with Apostrophes on the fly and it let me edit an existing one. However, when I camped and looked at the file, it only had 3 of what I made during the session and the rest that were already in there were gone. Originally the file had all of your items plus 4 that I did. Now, it just has these:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Page Name="POI">
    <Page Name="ItemNotes">
        <Icon Name="tunare&apos;s pages negotiator shirt" PathFindLocation="0.00 20000.00 0.00" PoiDescription="Purchased from Kelethin Tradeskill faction merchant" PoiResource="site" PoiShowAlways="true" PoiType="LOCATION" Tooltip="tunare&apos;s pages negotiator shirt" />
        <Icon Name="tunare&apos;s pages negotiator pantaloons" PathFindLocation="0.00 20000.00 0.00" PoiDescription="Purchased from Kelethin Tradeskill Faction merchant" PoiResource="site" PoiShowAlways="true" PoiType="LOCATION" Tooltip="tunare&apos;s pages negotiator pantaloons" />
        <Icon Name="Gruengach Illusion" PathFindLocation="0.00 20000.00 0.00" PoiDescription=" Used in the Hole" PoiResource="site" PoiShowAlways="true" PoiType="LOCATION" Tooltip="Gruengach Illusion" />
    </Page>
</Page>
I wonder if maybe my virus scanner is interfering with the timing of reading/writing to the file. I looked in the ui.log and it had this:

Couldn't load .xml
:: Could not access resource drumsui_itemnotes.xml
:: Could not access resource drumsui_itemnotes.xml
Encountered data outside of container tags
Encountered data outside of container tags

I'll restore the file and try again with the scanner turned off.