View Single Post
Unread 06-07-2009, 02:15 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Permafrost

Assuming there's an appropriate event trigger for ProgressBars(I don't know where there is an up-to-date list). Maybe use the OnTextChanged event for a health label instead.

Anyhow, I expect you'd have to disable EQ2's option to change the color at all so that it remains red. It's an actual game option, but probably a scriptable slash command as well. I'd hope that once it stays red that EQ2's hardcoding doesn't reset it to red on every change or you'll have difficulty.

Depending on which event you handle you'll either have a progress of 0.000 to 1.000 or a text of 0 to 100. You'll have to create a script to compare the current values to the steppings that you want. If you want smoother color transitions, you'll have to add more comparisons.

Sorta like:
Code removed
At the end, you'll end up with a color of red, yellow or green as ProgColor depending on the value of Prog, which you'll have to replace with the actual ProgressBar value or whatever. If you end up using the 1-100, you'll obviously have to use integers not decimals.

So as a short answer, it's not "easy" but not "hard" either. You'd have to calculate your own color transitions and hope EQ2 doesn't override you.

Last edited by EQAditu : 06-08-2009 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Bad code =P