View Single Post
Unread 01-11-2009, 07:39 AM
A Forest Scavenger
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Splitpaw

First and foremost, thanks for the feedback! I am glad to see someone liked it

And, cool to see it's compatible with other mods, well at least almost. I will have a look at the errors gm9 talked about trying to get full compatibility with ProfitUI since that seems like the top mod people are using. My initial plans where to find a substitute for the default skin and i feel i pulled that off pretty much. Looking at other mods in conjunction with mine would be the next logic step to take. I will have a quick break to catch up on some pressing irl-matters then i'll get back to check this out.

Nice to see someone (gm9) noticed the gradient black background hehe, to me it's a nice feature, to others maybe not so good, i don't know.

All in all, im pleased with the results of this skin. Only thing i didn't get to fix where all of the square icons sticking out of the rounded corners in the icon boxes. In the end, this would mean i'd have to redo _all_ icons with a rounded corner effect and that would, well.. take a lifetime to say the least hehe. And... i tried to add alpha channels to the icon files only to find out eq2 would crash, so perhaps it's a no no. Anyway, i feel the current solution is good enough.

About the ProfitUI. I hope i can find some fixes to have the skin work both as a standalone and in conjunction with ProfitUI. It might even be possible to do further skinning just for the ProfitUI. At this point i am not up to speed on what parts of the skin ProfitUI uses besides the standard components. I will have to look into this, that is if i have permission to continue development towards a ProfitUI enhanced version.

Also, i guess i will have to look into the EQ2Map and ways to improve those aspects too. Time will tell.

And again, thanks for the feedback and kind words.

Ps. Looking at other peoples profiles i see some of them are Authors and Portal holders, how do i enable those features? I thought submitting a ui would make me an author by default hehe. I've tried to read faq's and site information but didn't find any info. Perhaps these are features for subscribers?