View Single Post
Unread 06-27-2008, 05:16 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

I think the fact of making fairly boring/mundane tasks easier to do/bypass... they're are interesting tools.

I have to admit, that anything "automation wise" seems very close to infringing on the EULA. Mainly because it requires the user to not have to press anything on their computer to do an action caused by the game that would normally require it.

Game changing though? I wouldn't say so at all. I'd say it's more prone to cause things to happen that you wouldn't want anyhow. I think some people get their panties way too much in a bunch over it, to be honest.

And for the last thing that I can think of... EQAditu: I don't think you went "too far" at all. The rule of "if you can do it via the UI it is ok" is pushing it... but I dunno.

The only thing that ever urks me is when it's something specifically to beat certain parts of the game. Kinda like Rays of Disintegration...