View Single Post
Unread 04-20-2008, 02:57 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taemek View Post
At first guess, I would guess that the Draw Parent Selection Highlight is not lined up correctly with my Cure Icons, but thats just a uneducated guess, buts its the only thing I haven't yet done as I haven't worked out how to do this part.
If you mean that your new buttons are likely not on top of the effect icons then yes, that's likely the main reason about what's wrong. In UIBuilder select each of your buttons and see if they are on top of the icons.

Regarding the pathing - if I take the example of how I have it in ProfitUI, there I have a setup like this:
GroupMember1CureEffects.CureEffect1Button
GroupMember1.MemberInfoPage.Name
Now, to reference the Name from the button I would need to use
useabilityonplayer Parent.Parent.GroupMember1.MemberInfoPage.Name.Text

(if you check the actual ProfitUI code you'll see it's a bit more difficult than that but that's because it's doing many other things at the same time, so you will probably want to ignore that at first - other click to cure UIs may be easier to understand for a beginner)