Unread 09-12-2007, 07:45 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
Hi peeps,

Sorry I have made zero input here so far .. Been very busy elsewhere on the net trying to earn a few bucks... anyway this is what I have found...
No prob laffs. No one can blame you for making a buck

Quote:
When you load the companion the banner add loads up in a browser window "http://ads.eq2interface.com/ad-728-global.html" that was the last one I got .. (I know this has been stated before, but it didnt read like they said it was just the banner add that loaded in and nothing else)
I'm up to like 10 add sites so far to allow. I have it set now when it tried to navigate to any where it opens up the URL in the users default browser except for adds. I've added excludes for adds but I can't keep up. I left this in so the site could still get add clicks. But I can't keep up with all the adds they are adding, so I'll prob disable it. This means there will be a blank white box where the add should be. /shrug.

Quote:
Also you have a few typos..

EQ2 Companion settings

Check boxes 3 & 4 should read

Browser Bookmarks
Quick Character Switch
Oh boy you just don't know! lol I wish there was a spell checker that wouldn't hang on the code. lol

Fixed

Quote:
Also one major gripe...

You either need to make the height smaller or make it resizeable, as I am missing whatever is at the very bottom of the window if I have my menu bar in view in XP I am running 1440X900 @ 60 refresh and have a dpi of 120

I figure my 120 dpi is probably causing the problem..
So rather than make it detect dpi.. just set scroll bars if needed on the main container or make the whole lot resizeable .. as a suggestion..

Looking good though, nice work
Could you post a SS so I can see what isn't scaling correctly. It should be scaling but hey we all know how should works lol..

edit:
Just set my desktop to 120DPI, and OMG.. My desktop is set to 1680x1050 and every thing is SUPER LARGE!! The only thing I see not scaling good is buttons that have more then on word in them. I'll make the autosize so the next will fit in them. But I do see what you are talking about, I'll make it so it can be resize.

Also added any url that matches the filter 'ads' will be allowed

Last edited by Landiin : 09-12-2007 at 08:35 PM.