View Single Post
Unread 01-10-2005, 03:07 PM
A Berserk Golem
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle

Okay got lost a bit in this thread trying to keep up but kinda hard now that there are like 2 separate types at lest under development.

I was wondering if I read correctly earlier, If some of the maps are loaded down from the server when we enter the zone and not stored directly on our machine then why not create the map pins part of the ui to trigger for specific maps when in that zone.

example...
I enter Stormhold goto level 3, when I bring up the map it loads from the server but my ui now knows it's ok to display the map pins for this map so they show up over this newly downloaded map. This way no one would have a need to modify the maps at all just create the pin as an xml file with the locations for each pin.

No maps mean smaller files and no one has to worry about stepping on anyones toes about copyright blah blah.

And I really favor the current maps project that is using the existing maps ui with the extra tab for the custom maps.

Don't get me wrong both versions are really nice and everyone is to be commended on all the hard work they are doing.

I havn't updated my maps in a while since I pretty much lost track of where I am lol if I had a link to the latest complete version I might try to get in on the effort again.