View Single Post
Unread 05-26-2007, 07:12 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Question Is there an API for 3rd party code

Hiya all,

Sorry for the n00b question, but I've tried searching for this info and cannot find it anywhere. Basically, at a glance, it looks like UI mods are achieved by tweaking and adding to the XML config files that define window placement, etc. What I am wondering is whether there is a full API that would allow an external 3rd party application (such as a parser) to feed dynamic data directly into a widget on a custom in-game window.

I've been away from the game for 6+ months, and my memory of parsers when I played before was that they put the parse data onto the clipboard, which was then pasted into a chat channel. It would be much nicer to be able to present the data directly in a custom window, if the parser could somehow feed data in.

If anyone can confirm whether this is possible, and maybe provide a link to a basic tutorial on how to get started, I'd be very much appreciative. Ideally I'd like to work in C# for the parser, but could use Visual Basic or any other programming language if necessary.

Thanks in advance,

Atlay