View Single Post
Unread 04-03-2007, 11:13 AM
A Sea Turtle
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Kithicor
Default Version 1.10 and future changes...

No search feature yet or anytime in the future I'm afraid, but I did just update to version 1.10. The notes of what changed can be seen on the mod download page.

Looking forward to 1.20 or beyond, these are the other things I'd like to have:

- As of 1.10 the launch button on the Map window opens the POI Finder but clicking it again does not close it. You have to use the POI Finder window's corner x-box or hit ESC, which also closes the map. I'd like to be able to both open and close using the button.

- I'd prefer that using ESC just close the POI Finder and not the Map window too. At first that was how 1.10 was susposed to work. But there was a bug where the POI Finder window would come up blank after hitting ESC and re-clicking the launch button. Having it close both windows fixes that issue but isn't exactly ideal.

- The biggest current issue is that when you change zones with the POI Finder showing, the POI links don't update to the new zone automatically. You have to close the map and re-open it to get the new zone's POI links. I'd like to fix this.

Note that I do not have any idea how to implement these things myself. I've tried to play around with the UIBuilder tool but the documentation is attrocious. I don't know how you other UI creators use it... So if anyone wants to contribute suggestions or examples of how to do these things, I'm all for it.

Last edited by TreeMos : 04-03-2007 at 11:16 AM.