Thread: hud posible?
View Single Post
Unread 01-20-2007, 07:23 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Hello there,

thank you very much for this handy ui-mod, deathbane27 ! It truely wasn't something I was craving for since i started playing, but when I stumbled over this thread and installed the HUD I immediately fell in love with it

You're stated that you're not yet done with work on it, I'm just wondering whether there are plans for making this baby fit into the regular UI. By saying this I mean golden borders around the bars, some tiny ornaments, etc. Right now it looks a bit plain to, the bars just don't seem to fit in.

Just wanted to ask you some things about the build-up of the .xml-file, as I don't have the slightest clue about EQ2-UI-Modding

A) How does the testhud.dds image work ? It seems to be a plain white image (in photoshop, dds-plugin installed), how does it define the curve of the bars ? I tried to paint some little strokes like a three-year old child would produce. Ingame, the bars were just like "columns" instead of smooth curves after the changes to testhud.dds.

aa) Other way round: do you use the image as a kind of masked image while letting the eq2ui_mainhud_clock.xml masking and shaping the curves ?

B) Is there any possibility to add a "skin" like mentioned above ? Maybe with an additional "layer" ?

I had my first glance at eq2-ui-modding today, I would you really appreciate if you brought light into the dark.

Here's a rough concept:

Regards,
Cajetan

Last edited by Cajetan : 01-20-2007 at 07:39 AM.