View Single Post
Unread 01-15-2007, 01:55 AM
A Sea Turtle
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by voide
Hi,
Love this mod, however, I have a couple irks with it.

I want the sliders and presets to be open by default. Could you tell me how to do this please?

Also, is there a way to change the names of the custom video settings? Like, instead of "Harvest", I want to rename it "City".

Also, you have given alot of info on how to change the default settings for the sound sliders - how about setting a custom default for the shader slider? I don't like it maxed out right when I log in, would prefer to have it on the low side. How would I do this?

Thanks!
I made a startbutton xml file you can download attached here in this post that has the shader set to 30, the Harvest label renamed to City, and it "should" load expanded instead of compacted. This is assuming you are using the standalone mod and not the fetish version since you did not mention exactly which you were using (if you are using the fetish version do not download/install this file attached).

Now to setup shader value to the way you want, in notepad open Startbutton xml and search for the following code:

<Text AbsorbsInput="false" Font="/Fonts.FontZapf15" LocalText="30.000" Location="62,0" Name="Shader" OnHide="Text=(r_fast_layer_min_distance) visible=true" ScrollExtent="30,30" Size="30,16" TextAlignment="Right">30.000</Text>
<Sliderbar Location="3,15" LowerLimit="-1" Name="ShaderSlider" OnChange="Parent.Shader.text=(r_fast_layer_min_distance) r_fast_layer_min_distance=(Value*15) r_fast_layer_min_distance=(Value*15)" r_fast_layer_min_distance="30.000" ScrollExtent="89,10" Size="89,10" Style="/SliderbarStyles.horz_sliderbar_gold" UpperLimit="20" Value="2"/>

The parts that require editing are LocalText="30.000" as well as this part TextAlignment="Right">30.000</Text> and then this part r_fast_layer_min_distance="30.000" and lastly the Value="2"/>

The way it works is the shader value will be whatever you have in the Value="numberhere" multiplied by 15. So you can see how it comes up with the 30 value (value = 2 multiplied by 15 which of course is 30). The other numbers mentioned you would want to change so they match whatever you value is after multiplying it by 15 (which of course in our example is 30 and is already matching).

So based on that, lets say you wanted 15 instead of 30 for the shader, simply find the code above in notepad and change it to look like this instead:

<Text AbsorbsInput="false" Font="/Fonts.FontZapf15" LocalText="15.000" Location="62,0" Name="Shader" OnHide="Text=(r_fast_layer_min_distance) visible=true" ScrollExtent="30,30" Size="30,16" TextAlignment="Right">15.000</Text>
<Sliderbar Location="3,15" LowerLimit="-1" Name="ShaderSlider" OnChange="Parent.Shader.text=(r_fast_layer_min_distance) r_fast_layer_min_distance=(Value*15) r_fast_layer_min_distance=(Value*15)" r_fast_layer_min_distance="15.000" ScrollExtent="89,10" Size="89,10" Style="/SliderbarStyles.horz_sliderbar_gold" UpperLimit="20" Value="1"/>

Hope that helps!
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_startbutton.xml (23.3 KB, 481 views)

Last edited by Krull : 01-15-2007 at 06:06 AM.