Thread: Avoidence %
View Single Post
Unread 12-15-2006, 07:10 PM
A Brown Bear
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisoku
I'd really like to know as well... I'd like to make or add to an existing ui thing the %'s for BOTH mitigation and avoidance... so I can quickly see when they drop in a fight. Would be useful as a tank.

*Edit*
One thing I noticed in the gamedata...

There's entries for Defense_Mitigation and Defense_MitigationPercent.. but for avoidance it's just Defense_Avoidance and then the Base, Block, Parry, Deflection sub sections.

There is, however, just a simple "Defense".. so gamedata.stats.defense must return something... but it can't be just plugged in like the mitigationpercent, so it's gotta be something else. Can't seem to get a value out of it though.
yes Mitigation has a percent... as you said Defense_MitigationPercent Avoidence does not... it USED to be a percent... and now it's a raw number... it never changed names of the field SOE just changed what the field pulled from the server.

I tried Defense_AvoidencePercent and it failed.

HOWEVER there are

Code:
<DynamicData description="Stats Defense" Name="Defense_AvoidanceBase"/>
<DynamicData description="Blocking (shields)" Name="Defense_AvoidanceBlock"/>
<DynamicData description="Stats Defense" Name="Defense_AvoidanceDeflection"/>
<DynamicData description="Stats Defense" Name="Defense_AvoidanceParry"/>
These I believe all come back as %

ALSO... when you inspect a player it comes back as a % for avoidence (yeah... lets hear it for SOE consistency! WOOHOO!)

The code there goes like this

Code:
<Text AbsorbsInput="false" Font="/TextStyles.Normal.NormalStyle" LocalText="10000" Location="83,146" Margin="0,0,5,0" Name="DEFValue_Avoidance" ScrollExtent="69,20" Size="69,20" TextAlignmentVertical="Center">:77a22014884382ba_2:10000</Text>
Obviously that wierd code = bring up avoidence for whomever I inspected... which is useless to me in that form.

So it has to be possible... right now I think the best bet is adding the % together for base + block + deflect + parry and saying that is the % needed.

At that point I could log in a toon to inspect me on a 2nd PC and see if the number there matched what is in my UI component on the first PC.

However... I don't know how to add dynamic data together.... and I don't have time in combat to sit there doing 4 numbers with 3 digits added together... it's a bit much to handle... and more than I want to put on my screen as well.

Can anyone tell me how to add numbers from dynamic data together?
Pepto - lvl 62 w/3 AA Druid Veeshan Server - retired PoP
Nembutal - lvl 58 Shaman Veeshan server - retired PoP
EQ2
Claire - lvl 60 Troubadour Permafrost server - retired DoF
Pottamina - lvl 60 Fury Permafrost server - retired DoF
Skoshi - lvl 70 w/100 AA Beserker Guk server - active
Porthius - lvl 70 Fury w/100 AA Guk server - active
Backdor - lvl 70 Troubadour w/100 AA Guk server - active

Last edited by Claritin : 12-15-2006 at 07:12 PM.