View Single Post
Unread 06-11-2006, 01:38 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Complete compact/minimalist UI

I am new to the game, and after only a day of playing, I can tell the UI is going to drive me nuts. Too much wasted space, too many elaborate and HUGE title bars, too much screen space taken up by unneccessary frills instead of useful stuff.

Once upon a time, back in EQ, I would have just made my own interface, but I don't have that sort of time right now, plus it looks like a lot of elements (such as bags) lead "dead space" when you try to shrink them down, and I simply don't have the time to dedicate to figuring out how to get around that sort of thing. And going through the elements pages, it seems that very few mods have been updated in 6 months to a year or more, so I have no idea what is compatible with the current version of the game even if I downloaded elements one by one.

My dream mod would be very minimalist--no curliques and silly titlebars, and all elements about 60% of their current size so that when viewed in 1280x1024 resolution on a 19" monitor, a single window doesn't eat up over half the screen.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for an existing complete UI set or compliation along these lines, or is there a UI developer who might be interested in making such a thing?