View Single Post
Unread 06-02-2006, 05:27 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default A macro to cancel casting current spell and clear spellcasting queue?

Not sure this is a proper forum to ask, but here goes (since it also can be needed in interface mods )...

Hi!

I'm playing healer (Warden) that also does DPS. Because of my DPS I often have damage spell being cast with another damage spell in the queue. If I need to heal somebody urgently, I need something to both cancel the current spell and clear the spell in the queue.

There's macro command to clear the spell queue (/CLEarabilityqueue), so that's not an issue.

However I have problems to figure out how to cancel spell being cast reliably and without unneccessary delays.

What I found so far:
- Jumping cancels spell reliably, but I don't know how to put jump into macro (though I can work around this with keymapping/macroing soft) and, what is much WORSE, jumping introduces delay before you can cast another spell (you can't cast while in the air).
- Moving cancels spell if you move "far enough". This is pretty unreliable.
- Pressing Escape cancels spell being cast, but it has also many undesirable effects -- if you press it too much, you can lose your target, close windows, etc. I also have no idea how to put Escape key into macro.
- /sit command seems to interrupt spellcast reliably. But it produces unneccesary annoying emote message. So far it seems like a best bet (since if you start casting while sitting you jump up immediatelly without delay).

So... any better ideas than /sit ?