View Single Post
Unread 06-01-2006, 07:31 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Previous Comments (when I posted in the wrong folder):

The fact that you're only getting a black window suggests that something's wrong with your installation.

(a) The "customUI" folder should be in the "UI" folder, along with the "Default" and "fonts" folders. (b) The "customUI" folder should contain the "eq2ui_journals.xml" and "eq2ui_journals_infocenter.xml" files, as well as the "infocenter" folder. (c) The "infocenter" folder should, in turn, contain a dozen files and a dozen subfolders.

If that *doesn't* match the way things are currently structured, well, there's your problem. If it *does* match, we'll have to investigate further.

Either way, just to keep the Powers That Be happy, please post any follow-up comments on the forum rather than here.

-- Darryl

Darryl,

First, thank you for directing me to the right spot. Here is what I have: Under the UI folder I have a folder called default, fonts, LAFFSV8 (which I don't use anymore), and CustomUI. Under CustomUI I have your files; 2 .xml files and one folder called infocenter. Under infocenter there are 12 folders and a handfuo of .xml files.

What I think I did to mess this up, when I first installed your UI, I think I installed it to the default folder, over writting one of the .xml files (eq1ui_journals_active.xml). I saw that was a duplicate filename and meant to back it up to a different folder before I overwrote it, but I believe I backed up the wrong file. Afterwards I figured out that I should have made a different folder under UI and tried to re-do the process correctly. But I am afraid that by messing up the default file I jacked things up a bit.

Does this sound plausable to you? How (please Dear GOD, without reinstalling EQII, lol) can I get that orginal default .xml file fixed?

Or does this not seem like the probably cause of the problem to you?

Thanks for the assistance,
Tiboan