View Single Post
Unread 05-21-2006, 04:24 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin
I stand corrected! *swallows pride*

I did some test and it does seem that you CAN NOT make any Parent node visible from an object that isn't a child node by the Visible property. On further testing I found that this only applies to first generation siblings nodes of the Section nodes(MainHud, Inventory ect). You can make one of its siblings visible by the visible property from any object no batter its parent and it can in turn set the Parent visible by the visible property. You just can not set Parent node visible of section nodes by the visible property by any object that isn't a sibling.
( a bug IMHO )

I'm going to do more testing and see if the include has any thing to do with it. I'm also going to bug report this next time I log on because this doesn't work correctly.
You might want to test what I did... show_window seems to actually show -any- window... and once you use show_window to show the window once, you can manipulate Visible property to full effect from anywhere.

All in all, my suspiction is that setting Visible=true is simply not enough to UI engine to acknowledge visible window existence. show_window does some behind the scenes initialization to make UI engine acknowledge window existence and after that Visible property works as expected.

Default game windows are pre-initialized somehow so Visible property works for them from the very beginning.

So, overall, I think it's not even a bug -- it's a feature

OTOH it's more questionable why show_windows doesn't work from OnShow handler of the standard windows being auto-shown. That might be "by design" as well, but then it seems impossible to auto-show any custom windows as well.

Like I said earlier, I worked around it by associating initialization code with Target window OnShow -- which works and typically happens "soon enough".

HTH.