View Single Post
Unread 02-05-2006, 12:16 AM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Everfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx
I understand the resize issues. Yes its better if the plugins page matches the map but its not critical, so long as folks size their plugins relative to the original plugin page size. Skins will be adjusting the map window size anyway, which will also resize the plugins page. Point is to set the plugin page size and not keep pushing out changes to it. Changing its size will almost definetly break stuff designed for an older size.

Because the Fetish version has been tested ingame, which you said you couldn't do. Also I'm guessing you're working with the Map code curently being pushed by the updater and not the latest revs we've been testing with and I've included with Fetish 6.0. Might save someone some hassle tweaking the scripts /shrug.
I did look at the map included in fetish 6.0 and the only file I have to worry about is the skinnable_objects.xml because it's skinned I have no idea what was changed with the default version. If it has the same checkbox type button for the restore/minimize button it might break my plugin. However, that is easily fixed.

I didn't test to see if it "worked" plugged in to fetish because I don't care if it works there.. It has it in there already.

The plugin system should recieve the fixes for the EventCalls to put it in line with the way it was designed.

I still don't agree with the size thing.. It is critical. was designed to be the same size. It makes it more symetrical and logical. What can it really break? The only plugins that are available for download that have an absolute,absolute is mine and maybe the plugins in your skin..

Someone in the future wanting to design a plugin that takes up all the space in the map might find it confusing or illogical: The map window is 484 by 640 but I have to design a plugin at 484 by 597 and use a pack size of absolute,absolute to make the plugin take up the whole window and size with the window correctly when a skin with a different sized map window is used.

/shrug
I'm changing mine to be of fixed,fixed packsize in the next release, so it doesn't really effect me. Just seems kind of illogical to me..

You can rip yours out if you want but I think mine will survive most changes. Even though I didn't test it ingame I'm 99% sure it will work as intended in the game.. Landiin also said it works perfect.. So I will release it when the plugin system is concrete and worry about any possible changes to the eq2map later.. I'm not scrapping my effort now.. I put quite a few hours into the update, the original, and the original design of the plugin system, which I never even got a mention for on the eq2map site. People have been interested in an update and I plan on updating it, especially now that I started. I just wish I could upload it to the main eqmap area instead of as an addon to the manual version where it gets little attention.

Last edited by Talyns : 02-05-2006 at 12:41 AM.