View Single Post
Unread 01-10-2006, 11:58 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Crushbone
Default Rivet UI Thread

Rivet UI

This is my first fully modded UI. It was a long journey. This was really a learning experience as I created. For this reason, it's a pretty simple UI. You won't find lots of bells and whistles. On the other hand, I don't like all the extras on many of the UI's available now. Don't get me wrong, there's some amazing UI's and authors here(some of whom will be thanked in the credits). I welcome anyone to offer add-ons for the UI as well.

I hope you enjoy Rivet UI.

Version

3.24.0 - LU24 Compatible(See post #42 below).
2.19.1 - Various window modifications(See post #28 below)
2.19.0 - LU19 Compatible(See post #23 below).
1.18.2 - Various window modifications(See post #5 below).
1.18.1 - Fixed minor issue with Implied Target Window
1.18.0 - First edition (Currently, Arena Champions is not modded)

I've borrowed Wulfgyr's idea on versions. The first digit indicates a major release version. The second digits represent the last Live Update the UI is compatible with. The final digit is the number of times it's been patched since the last live update.

Installation

1. Unzip the downloaded file directly into your UI folder.
2. Inside the Rivet folder you will find a README folder which contains the eq2.ini file and character configuration file.
3. Copy the eq2.ini file, then paste it into your EQ2 folder.
4. Rename the configuration file appropriately, then copy and paste into the EQ2 folder. NOTE: If you use the configuration file, you will lose any custom chat channels you may have.
5. Run EQ2Map Updater. NOTE: Make sure you have the option checked that asks if you wish to overwrite mainhud_map.xml. DO NOT overwrite the map file. If you do, it will install the default map. If you have not downloaded EQ2Map before, here is the link. EQ2Map
6. Log in and enjoy!

Resolution

This UI has been designed for 1280x1024. It will not work for anything lower, but it will work for higher resolutions.

Credits

1. T. King - For the great loadscreen images(from the Draco'Kyn UI).
2. XSilverFox - For your great journal, which I modded and altered to fit my UI.
3. NeonRain - For the concept and layout of the group, player, and target windows from the Penta UI.
4. A special thanks to Zonx. Without Fetish, I wouldn't have been able to make this UI. I used your UI as a guide to help me with learning. I used it for referencing window sizes, graphics sizes, graphics positioning. A lot of graphics may look familiar, as I skinned a lot to fit with my UI.

Last edited by Loktha : 06-17-2006 at 06:39 PM.